If your iPhone is using the actions automatically then it may be that your iPhone is a victim of the ghost touch issue. So, if you are here to get to know the fixes of this problem then you need to read this article till the end by which you will get to know the methods of how to fix Ghost Touch On iPhone. So, keep reading this article till the end to know all the possible fixes to this issue.
Ghost Touch On iPhone
Ghost Touch is something due to which your iPhone starts performing actions automatically. Your iPhone display will start reacting to the nonexistent touches or the apps will open automatically without doing anything. Also, some of the strange actions will be more annoying.
As the ghost touch sometimes requires you to take your iPhone to the apple service center and you can also be able to use several types of methods to fix this ghost touch in iPhone 6 issue easily which we are sharing in this article.
What causes ghost touch on iPhone?
Mainly the ghost touch issue mainly affects the iPhone X. In November 2018, Apple said that it will find some of the issues in the iPhone X touchscreen. Also, it said that it will provide some free repairs to the customers who are affected by this issue.
Does Apple fix ghost touch?
There are millions of online reports and complaints show that the ghost touch issue will also affect some of the other iPhone models as well which include the iPhone XS, and XR but the iPhone 8, 7, 6, and also 5 are some devices where ghost touch takes place occasionally.
Yes, Apple always takes care of their customers, and if you will not find below methods to fix this issue, and your iPhone is in warranty with Apple Care then you can take help from the Apple team.
Is Ghost touch temporary?
How do I get rid of ghost touch on my iPhone?
Top 9 Methods to Fix Ghose Touch on iPhone
So, if you really want to get rid of the ghost touch in iPhone XR issue then you have to check out the methods which we are sharing in this article to get rid of this problem quickly.
Method 1: Clean the Touchscreen
It is really simple but if you clean your iPhone’s touch screen then it will defend your device from the ghost touch in an effective manner. Also, with this, you can be able to clear any of the debris of the dust which interferes with how the iPhone detects your touch. In order to clean the touchscreen of your iPhone, you are required to turn it off and also have to unplug all the connected cables.
Then, you have to take a soft and clean cloth like a cloth which is used to clean lenses. You have to dampen the cloth with warm water and then start cleaning the display of your device and wipe it in a gentle manner from one center to another.
At the time of wiping, you have to ensure that you didn’t get any of the moisture into it. Also, apple suggests the users to not use the window or household cleaner or any of the cleaners which are having abrasives or hydrogen peroxide in them. You have to erode the oil-resistant coating with the apple and put it on the device.
Method 2: Take Off Your Screen Protector
As you know, the screen protector is one of the glass layers which gets attached to the iPhone display to protect the touchscreen. As it is really useful but sometimes users get disrupted about how the touch screen operates. You have to try to remove it and it will end up with the ghost touch.
You have to remove the iPhone’s screen protector in a very careful manner and also in a gentle way. Simply begin with one end and then peel out the protector from the iPhone’s display. If the protector gets cracked or gets damaged then we recommend you take your phone to the repair shop. You have to contact the manufacturer of the protective case. They can be able to remove the protector in a very gentle manner.
Method 3: Remove Your iPhone’s Case
One of the possible reasons behind the ghost touch in iPhone 11 appears on the display. If your iPhone is having such a display then you can be able to fix this issue by simply removing the hard case which was attached to your device. Also, it may be that the hard case twists the display of your device and you have to try to remove it and check whether any changes take place or not.
Also, on the online forums, some of the users of iPhone said that they twist their hard case when they dropped their iPhones. It is really worth trying to remove the hard case if your iPhone is one of them.
Method 4: Restart Your iPhone
It is really a good way to restart your iPhone if you face this problem. Also, this will also be applicable to the ghost touch as it is really possible that cleaning the memory of the iPhone temporarily will clear any of the issues which are creating this problem. In order to restart your iPhone X or above, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you have to hold the side button and the volume button until the power off slider will appear.
- Then you have to power off the slide to the right side.
- Then your device gets shut down and then you have to hold the side button until you will see the Apple logo on the display.
In the process to restart iPhone 8 or earlier, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- You have to hold the top button until the slide to power off option appears on the display.
- Now, you have to swipe the power off slider to the right-hand side.
- After the shutdown of your device, you have to hold the top button until you will see the Apple logo on the display.
Method 5: Force Restart Your iPhone
Like restarting your iPhone but more drastically you can force restart your iPhone. You have to do this if your iPhone’s ghost touch issue is taking place and you can’t be able to use your iPhone. It is because a force restart doesn’t work well. In order to force restart your iPhone 8 or above, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- You have to press and release the volume up button very quickly.
- Now, you have to press and release the volume down button very quickly.
- Simply hold the side button for a while.
- Then release the side button at the time when you see the Apple logo on the display.
In the process to force restart your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, follow the steps which we are sharing below in the process to fix ghost touch in iPhone 7.
- You have to hold the volume down button and then the sleep/wake button.
- Now, release both of the buttons at the time when you see the Apple logo.
In order to restart an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus or earlier, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- You have to simply hold the sleep or wake button and then the home button.
- Then, you have to release both of the buttons at the time when the apple logo appears on the display.
Method 6: Update iOS
If the ghost touch is creating a ghost touch iPhone when charging then you have to update your iPhone. It is one of the greatest as ghost touch is creating issues due to the software bug. You are required to do the following in order to update your iPhone.
- First of all, you have to open the settings.
- Then you need to select the general option.
- Then, you have to press the option of a software update.
- Make a click on the download and install button.
Method 7: Perform a Factory Reset
If after restarting or after updating the software, you are still getting ghost touch problem in iPhone 5s on iPhone issues then you can also try to factory reset your iPhone. It is one of the great methods to remove any of the software issues which are creating the ghost touch. You have to take a backup of your iPhone before factory resetting as it will delete all the data of your device.
In the process to reset your iPhone, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below.
- First of all, you have to open the settings.
- Then you need to select the General option,
- After this, simply scroll down and then make a click on the Reset button.
- Now, make a click on the Erase all content and settings option.
- Finally, click on the Erase button.
After completing the factory reset button, you have to go through with the setup process. Here, you have to select to restore your iPhone by using the previously saved backup option.
Method 8: Recover Your iPhone
It is really simple to force restart but if it doesn’t work well for you then you can simply try to put your iPhone into the recovery mode and then you have to reinstall the iOS again, When you try this then the ghost touch will prevent you to updating your iPhone in a normal manner or if you can’t be able to reset all the settings in a normal manner then you can update or reset the settings in a normal manner which is really simple and easy. In the process to add your iPhone 8 or above in the recovery mode, you have to follow the steps which we are sharing below:
- First of all, you have to connect your iPhone with your computer and then simply open iTunes.
- Now, you have to simply press and release the volume up button quickly.
- Now, you need to press and release the volume down button quickly.
- Simply hold the side button and then hold it down until you enter into recovery mode.
When you enter into the recovery mode then iTunes will show you an error message which is “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored”. You have to make a click on the Update button or on the Restore option.
Method 9: Take Your iPhone to Apple
One of the last options which you have to get rid of ghost touch on iPhone then you have to simply book an appointment at your nearest Apple service center. It is because you have exhausted the software issues fies and it may be possible that there is a hardware issue that is creating the ghost touch issue in your device. Like, some of the owners said that the improper display or the touchscreen seating may create this issue.
You will love to read these:
- Does Walmart Take Apple Pay? What Can You Use Instead?
- This Accessory May Not be Supported
- iPhone Flashing Apple Logo
- How to Fix iPhone Safari Redirect Problem
So, we hope that these troubleshooting methods will be helpful for you to fix the ghost touch on your iPhone.
If these methods are helpful for you and help you to fix ghost touch on my iPhone without facing any trouble then do share this article with other people so that they also take the advantage of this article.
Also, if you have any issues or queries related to this article then feel free to connect with us by dropping your valuable comment in the below-given comment section and we assure you to revert you back along with some of the better solutions.