Is My iPhone Unlocked: There are lots of people who want to know the process of how to check that an iPhone is unlocked or locked. Basically, when we get an iPhone then we need to check that this device is unlocked for every network or locked for some network. Because of this locked-unlocked process, we are not able to use an iPhone on some of the locked devices on the other cellular network.
In simple words, we will tell you that if you are using a Reliance device then you can only use that mobile phone on the reliance network only. You are not able to use that device on any other cellular network. This is also known as the “SIM LOCK” due to which you can’t be able to use any of the other telecom sims in that device.
Basically, the cellular companies install some of the software on their iPhone devices by which they lock their network and there are lots of people who don’t know how to check if iPhone is unlocked IMEI. Unlocking the process disables this software easily. This is the main reason that unlocked devices are more costly as compared to locked devices. You must need to know that your phone is locked or unlocked if you are planning to buy a new iPhone.
So, before buying any device make sure to check that it’s locked or unlocked. If your device is unlocked then you can easily be able to switch to any of the careers. Also, you can easily use any of the SIM in your iPhone. Also, it is really important for you to know about the methods by which you will easily get to know that your iPhone is locked or unlocked so that you will never face a problem after buying any device.
Is My iPhone Unlocked?
There are lots of methods by which you can easily get to know how to check if iPhone is unlocked without sim card free so that you can use your device freely and without any fear.
How to Check If iPhone is Unlocked without SIM
You need to know that the latest update of iOS and iPadOS comes with the latest feature which you can easily use on your device only if your device is having iOS 14 or above. Also, this feature is having the best methods by which it can easily find out that your device is locked or unlocked. To know the process, simply read the below-given process about the methods of how to check if iPhone is unlocked without sim.
- Firstly, in your iOS device means on iPhone or iPad, you are required to open their settings and then General > About.
- Then, you need to simply scroll down and then click on the option of “Carrier Lock” or “Network Provider Lock“.
- If you see an option of SIM restrictions then it means that your iOS device is completely unlocked and you can easily be able to use any SIM on that device.
Also, if you are not using the iOS 14 and using the iOS 13 or below then you need to check out the below-given methods.
Method 1: Is My iPhone Unlocked
- On your iOS device, you need to open its settings and then Cellular > Cellular Data.
- Then, if you see the option of “Cellular Data Network” or “Mobile Data Network” then your device is completely unlocked and you are free to use any of the SIM cards in your device.
This is one of the best and easiest methods but it’s not a guaranteed method to know.
Method 2: Is My iPhone Unlocked
With the help of this method, you can easily be able to check that your iPhone is unlocked to use a SIM Card. Also, you need to remove your current sim and add another in it to get to know that it works or not. Make sure that the SIM which you are using doesn’t belong to the same carrier. By using this method, you will get to know that your device is unlocked or locked. Check out the complete process below about how to check if iPhone is unlocked with IMEI:
- First of all, you need to turn your iPhone off.
- Then, you need to find out the SIM tray which is usually located on the right side of the phone.
- You can simply use a PIN or Sim ejector to remove the SIM card from your iPhone.
- Simply remove the SIM which you are using and then insert another sim card belonging to a different carrier.
- Now, you have to turn your device on.
- After this, your iPhone will detect the carrier automatically only if it is unlocked. Also, if your device is locked then your device will show a message which says that your phone is currently locked. To ensure everything, simply try to make a call to anyone and if it gets connected then your device is unlocked.
What If Your iPhone Is Locked?
If you purchase a new iPhone and find out that your device is locked and you can’t be able to access any other SIM in that device then you simply need to make a call to the SIM career. The company will unlock it quickly but make sure that they ask for some of the personal information from your end. For example:
- If you are using the Verizon iPhone then they will stay locked for 60 days after the date of purchase. Also, after the 60 days time period, the Verizon company will unlock the device automatically.
- AT&T company requires you to submit a request online to unlock the device. You can simply do this process by this link: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/.
- Also, if you are one of the sprint customers then you can simply call the sprint support which is available at 888.211.4727.
- If this belongs to the T Mobile device then you can simply drop a call at 1-877-746-0908 to connect with them to get the proper help.
Also Fix These Issues:
- A Device Attached to The System is Not Functioning
- How to Share a Screen on Facetime
So, finally, we discuss all the important information related to the process of how to know Is My iPhone Unlocked or locked. If this article is helpful for you to understand this process then please drop your comment below so that we get to know about the quality of information that we are providing.
Apart from that, don’t forget to share this article with others as well so that your friends and other people also get benefited from this useful information through this article.