The version of GTA 5 on mac which will be put up for free is the GTA 5 premium edition and it will include the complete storyline from the game and Grand Theft Auto Online in addition to the presently existing in-game upgrades and also bonus content as well.
GTA 5 on Mac
In terms of top it all, the users will get the criminal enterprise starter pack which will also come up with more content and a $1,000,000 bonus in-game money for online play.
Can You Play GTA 5 On Mac?
The simple answer is Yes. There are some methods available to play and install GTA 5 on mac with its benefits and also the disadvantages which we are going to discuss here.
- You can play it with the help of Cloud Gaming Services.
- Also, you can use Bootcamp to play it.
- You can also play it by using the parallels.
Play GTA 5 On Mac With Cloud Gaming
GTA 5 on MacBook air is now ready to play on the cloud gaming servers and it will assure no compatibility issues at the time of playing it on your mac and also on top-notch performance.
Step 1: Get GTA V
Before we play GTA 5 on macbook pro, we need to ensure that we are having a steam epic game or the RockStar compatible version of the game. It is really important that the other version doesn’t run on cloud gaming services like Boosteroid and Geforce Now. Below, we are sharing the links to the official website and you can simply search around the web for the best offers.
Step 2: Register and Add GTA 5 to Boosteroid
You are required to simply register for the boosteroid and it will allow you to add GTA 5 on macbook air m1 to the cloud gaming library. When it gets uploaded then you can be able to play the games from your mac, TV, or also on mobile devices as well. When you are registered then you need to have additional access to the top-rated games for free. The pricing of the games varies on the subscription plan.
Play GTA 5 On Mac With Boosteroid
- First of all, you have to make a visit to the official website of Boosteroid and then simply follow the steps to create an account.
- Now, make a click on the new account’s name which appears at the top right side of the display to view the available options for the subscription.
- You have to select a subscription plan and enter the required details of the payment.
- You can use the search option to type GTA 5 and also go to the official game’s boostroid page.
- Make click on the play button when you are on the GTA 5 on mac m1 page and as per your selected version, you will have to link your account to the Boosteroid.
- In terms of linking your account to boosteroid, make click on the ok button, and then let’s go.
- GTA 5 on macbook air m2 will be launched in an immediate manner.
- You can also use the full-screen mode to get the best user experience.
Play GTA 5 On Mac With BootCamp
Before we try to install boot camp, we suggest you check the specification of your mac and also cross-reference them with the recommendation to run GTA 5 on macOS. Now, you need to have a program which is known as Boot Camp.
With the help of this, you can be able to install a version of Windows 10 that is mainly compatible with GTA 5 on mac download. Here, we are going to share the steps which you need to follow to install windows 10 on a mac with the help of boot camp.
- First of all, you have to download Windows 10 ISO on your mac.
- Now, simply configure the boot camp assistant.
- Then, you have to go to finder > applications > utilities > boot camp assistant.
- After this, you have to open the program and then click on the continue button.
- Simply select the windows 10 ISO and select somewhere around 100GB of space.
- Now, install the windows 10 ISO and then configure windows.
- You have to install the recommended driver after booting up the windows partition.
If you are using Mac OS Catalina 10.15 then we suggest you check out the video to ensure that you are not missing out on any step.
Play GTA V On Mac M1
In terms of playing GTA 5 on mac m2 and M1 models, we suggest you install a virtualization tool on your mac and create a windows 10 virtual machine.
Another method to play GTA v on mac M1 is to use crossOver which is one of the windows 10 compatibility layer apps. The boot camp method is one of the viable options for the intel-based macs and for M1 models, you are required to use an alternative like parallels or crossover.
We will tell you how to use parallels and crossover so that you can be able to create. You need to know that parallels and crossover are not free programs and they are having 14-day free trials. We suggest you use this period to test them and then decide if the gaming experience you get will make the purchase of the full program worthwhile for you or not.
- You have to start by opening the official website of parallels and clicking on the download free trials button and then selecting the download now option.
- When the parallel installation file gets downloaded then you have to make a double click to install a parallel desktop. Your device may ask you if you are sure that you want to start this app and then click on open.
- If you will be asked to enter your admin password then type it and click on the Ok button.
- Click on the next button in the parallel desktop permission screen and then enter your approval for every permission which is requested by making a click on the ok button.
- Now, you need to download an ARM compatible installation file for windows and for this, you java to click on the register button which appears below to meet the windows insider program, and then you have to select the sign in now option.
- On the next screen, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account or you can create an account if you don’t have one and then make a login.
- Now, simply scroll down until you will get the register now button then click it, and then click on the flight now button on the next page.
- After this, you have to sign in with your Microsoft account and select the windows client ARm 64 insider preview button, and simply download the file/
- It is a big file and it will take a while for it to get downloaded.
- Now, get back to the parallels and click on continue and then find the ARM file and drag and drop the file in the center of the parallels installer.
- Make click on the continue button and then select games only if you intend to use windows only to play the game and then select continue and then create a button.
- Now go through with the rest of the installation steps which appear on the display and give your permission when required and you will be done with the installation of the windows 10 virtual machine.
More Games for Mac:
So, these are the simple and easy methods and steps which help you to get GTA 5 on mac. If this article is useful and helpful for you then do share this article with others so that they can also be able to take benefit from this article.
Also, if you have any query or issue related to this GTA 5 on macbook pro m2 article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping a comment in the below-given comment section.