Working with iOS devices is not an easy task because sometimes, it’s really hard to understand the terms of iOS devices. As compared to Windows devices, it’s tough to fix the issue like a device attached to the system is not functioning which takes place with iOS devices because of a complete change in the operating system.
You can see that when any problem takes place on Windows devices, we can get rid of that issue in a very quick manner because there are lots of fixing methods taking place on the internet with the best methods to fix these errors. But, when it comes to iOS devices, there are only limited solutions available to fix these errors.
One of the errors which take place in iOS devices is a device attached to the system is not functioning iPhone XR. This error usually takes place on both devices but if it appears on iOS devices then everyone starts worrying about it.
A Device Attached to The System is Not Functioning
Lots of iOS and Windows users report that they are getting “A device attached to the system is not functioning iPhone“. This error generally takes place because your device is not able to communicate with the iOS device. There are several reasons behind this iPhone device attached is not functioning error:
- Your iPhone or iPad is not able to connect to your computer in a proper manner.
- Also, the USB port of your computer is not working properly.
- One more reason is that your USB cable doesn’t work in a proper manner.
- How to Turn Off Two Factor Authentication on iPhone
- The Startup Disk Cannot Be Partitioned Or Restored To A Single Partition
- Safari Cannot Open The Page Because Too Many Redirects Occurred
- A Problem Repeatedly Occurred Safari
How to Fix iPhone a device attached to the system is not functioning?
It may be that you are getting this error at the time when you are attempting to copy and transfer photos or videos from your iOS device like iPhone or iPad to your Windows device.
With the help of this article, you are going to get to know the best methods to fix a device attached to the system is not functioning run as a different user error so that you can easily get rid of it. Simply follow the below-given steps carefully.
- You need to reconnect your iPhone or your iPad with your computer. After this, simply try to use a different USB port. Also, you can try to use a different USB cable as well.
- Then, you can restart your computer and your iOS device as well. You can do so by simply going into settings > General > Shut Down. After this, simply restart your PC.
- Also, on your mac iOS device, you are required to simply enter Settings > Photos and then simply scroll down to find out the option of “transfer to Mac or PC”. Then, you need to select the option of “Keep Originals”.
- Now, on your computer device, you need to simply switch between the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.
- Then, update iTunes to its latest version on your PC. You will get two different methods to do this process which all depend upon your initial process of installation. Suppose, if you download iTunes by using Apple’s website then in iTunes, you are required to select the option of Help > Check for Updates. Also, if you download iTunes by using the Microsoft store then you need to go to the start button > Microsoft Store > More > Download and Update.
Another Method to Fix A Device Attached to the System is Not Functioning
Free Up Space On iPhone
We know that one of the most common causes of this error is the lack of space on the iOS device when you convert the HEIF/HEVC photo and video. This is why we suggest that before going on the other solutions, you can check out the storage space of your device by simply entering into settings > general > phone storage.
Transfer the Original Files
The error mainly occurs when the HEIF file gets converted to JPEG format at the time of transfer to the PC. Don’t be surprised as we can get this issue by avoiding connecting files at the time of transfer. Follow the below-given steps to complete the process.
- On your iOS device, you have to open the settings app and then simply scroll down to the photos.
- Now, in the section transfer to mac or PC at the end of the screen, you have to select the keep originals option.
Reset Location and Privacy
When you connect your iPhone to the PC for the very first time, you will be asked to trust the computer. In some of the cases, the error “a device attached to the system is not working properly” occurs unfortunately and the only solution available in this case is to reset the setting. For this, you have to simply disconnect your iPhone from the Pc and then go to the settings > general > reset and select reset location and privacy. You will simply be asked to enter your passcode. When you reset all these settings, you need to reconnect your iPhone to your PC and simply confirm that you trust this computer.
So, that’s it for this article. If this article is helpful for you to get rid of a device attached to the system is not functioning then simply let us know by dropping a comment in the below-given comment section or you can follow Apple Discussion Panel here.
Also, if you face any problem regarding this article then drop your query below, and don’t forget to share this article with your friends so that they also understand the basic methods to get rid of this error.