As you know, it seems really impossible for the users to play SWTOR on mac but the Bootcamp, virtual machines, and wine will make it possible. You just simply read and follow this guide in terms of simply playing SWTOR on Mac. You need to know that SWTOR is one of the role-playing games which has multiplayer and it is completely based upon the Star Wars universe. Also, it is Windows supported and you can easily be able to play this game on your Mac device in a comfortable manner.
SWTOR on Mac
As the mac users found out a method to run windows games and apps on their mac device and you can easily be able to enjoy the playing of your favorite games on your mac by just simply using the boot camp assistant and also the virtual machines and wine as well.
How to Install and Play SWTOR on Mac
In this article, we are using wine by the PlayOnMac in terms of simply downloading and installing SWTOR on mac. As the process of downloading will take more time and it is really and certain to simply create a platform to enjoy SWTOR and some of the other windows supported games and the apps as well. You have to simply follow the steps which we are sharing below to download your favorite Star Wars game.
Configuration Of Wine On PlayOnMac
- First of all, you have to download the SWTOR installer from the internet.
- Then, on the PlayOnMac menu, you have to be on the top bar and then here you have to select Tools, and then you have to manage wine versions.
- From the wine version tab, you have to make a click on 2.20-staging and then you have to mode it to the right side so that the PlayOnMac will download the selected version.
- Here, you have to click on the “Configure” button from the PlayOnMac menu after the completion of the download.
- Then, you have to click on the new bar which appears at the top left side of the display.
- Simply click on the Next button and then you will see the welcome display.
- Here, you have to select the 32 bits windows installation type.
- Then, you need to select the 2.20 wine version option from the available list of the display and then click on the Next button.
- You have to give your virtual drive any name which you want.
- After creating the virtual drive, you need to simply return to the configuration page, and then you have to open the drive which was created by you.
- Simply enter into the install component tab.
- Then, you need to install these components: d3dx9, directx9, crypt32.
- If it fails to install on your first attempt then you have to keep trying.
- When the installation gets completed then you have to enter into the display bar.
- Then, make a click on the dropdown menu and then the video memory size, and then you have to pick up the number which matches the size of your graphic driver’s memory.
- You have to simply enter the wine tab.
- Now, you have to select the configured wine.
- Then, select windows 10 on the windows version dropdown menu.
- Simply move to the miscellaneous tab.
- Now, you have to select the option to simply run the file into the virtual drive.
Proceed With SWTOR Install on Mac
After configuration of the wine on PlayOnMac in a successful manner, you can simply be able to proceed with the SWTOR installation.
- You have to enter the location of the download SWTOR file.
- Then, make a click on it, and then you have to ignore errors when the installation page gets open.
- After this, you are required to simply select your preferred language and then make a click on the Next button until you will see the option of installation type.
- You have to make sure that you do not custom install and let the installation be expressed.
- When the installation gets completed then you have to cancel the option of launching the game and simply finish the installation.
- When the SWTOR gets installed on your PlayOnMac in a successful manner then you have to make a click on the “run a .exe file in this virtual drive” again.
- Simply enter into the game’s folder.
The PlayOnMac’s virtual drive -> The Name of your wrapper -> drive_c -> Program files -> Electronic arts -> BioWare -> Star Wars-The Old Republic – Launcher.ex
- You have to open the launcher and then you need to enter your details and then make a login into it.
- Then an error will request for the administration rights.
- Now, you have to return to the configuration page and then make a click on the “open virtual drive’s directory”.
- Get back to the folders of the game.
- You have to use TextEdit in terms of simply opening settings.
- Edit Bitraider from false to true.
- Now, you have to simply save the file and then launch the launcher again with the help of your login details.
- Now, your game will start downloading and you need to note that if the error takes place again then edit the file again and disable bitraider and then set the patching mode to SSN.
- The size of the game is very large and it will take some time to get downloaded.
- Simply install it and launch it.
When the SWTOR gets installed in your device in a successful manner then you have to simply create a shortcut to access it easily.
- You have to return to the configuration page and then click on the “make a new shortcut from this virtual drive” section.
- Now, select the launcher.exe and then you have to name the shortcut.
- The shortcut will appear on the homepage and you have to make a double click on it in order to play SWTOR on your mac device.
More Useful Mac Guides:
- NDS4iOS – Nintendo DS Emulator Roms and Games Download for iOS 15
- How to Update Python on Mac
- macOS Could Not be Installed on Your Computer
- Screenshot on Mac Not Working
- How to Print a Large Image on Multiple Pages on Mac
You can now simply be able to play SWTOR or any of the other windows supported games on your Mac device by just simply using the Wine or PlayOnMac. Simply follow the above-given steps wisely in terms to make sure that there is no glitch or lags and simply enjoy playing your favorite game on your Mac device.