How to Turn on Airplane Mode on Macbook – I really hate to break it to you but unlike smartphones, windows and mac don’t have a simple mechanism for you to activate airplane mode.
In some cases, disabling the Wi-fi and Bluetooth on your MacBook are having a similar effect as turning on airplane mode.
How to Turn on Airplane Mode on Macbook?
Here, in this article, we are going to provide you with more details on how to turn off your Wifi and Bluetooth and also how to disable the location service to simply put your MacBook in airplane mode.
What Does Airplane Mode Do?
Airplane mode is one of the settings on your phone which will disable the phone’s radio, it means that your phone will not be able to connect with the cell towers or the Wi-Fi networks, Your device’s Bluetooth will also get disabled and your phone will not able to search for the other Bluetooth devices.
Services that will transmit the data will also get disabled and it means that you won’t be able to make the calls and send the texts and use the data as well. You will still be able to get the radio signals at several frequencies.
If you don’t travel by air then airplane mode is one of the quick methods to turn off lots of the device’s battery sucking radios as long as you don’t need them at the same time.
How to Turn on Airplane Mode on Macbook?
On your mac, you need to know that there is no airplane mode which you can activate easily which will switch off all your internet as you would do on your smartphone, Also, on windows, there is an airplane mode button that will simply turn off all your connection and it will also disable the WiFi and Bluetooth radios so that they will not emit any of the EM radiation.
As you don’t have this feature on your AMC, you need a workaround for this. You need to manually turn off Wifi and Bluetooth and there are mainly two methods to do this like by using the system preferences or also by using the menu bar.
Using the Menu Bar
- On the right side of the menu bar, you are required to select the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now, you are required to select “Turn Wi-Fi off” or simply toggle the Wi-Fi button which will depend upon your operating system.
- The Bluetooth icon will also be available on the menu bar’s right side simply make click on it.
- Now, you have to simply select the turn Bluetooth off option.
Using System Preferences
- You are required to make click on the apple icon on the menu bar at the top left side and then you have to select the option of system preferences.
- You can also be able to select it from your dock.
- Now, on the system preferences window, you are required to make click on the network option.
- Then, on the new window, you have to simply select the turn Wifi off button.
- After this, you have to get back and simply select Bluetooth.
- Now, select the option of “turn Bluetooth off” option.
If you want, then you can be able to disable the location services and for this:
- You have to go to the system preference and then simply select the security and privacy option.
- Now, you are required to simply select the Privacy tab, and there you will find out the location services.
Here is where you will see the location services box checks and all the apps using it are available there. The list and the checkbox are disabled until you will authenticate it.
- You have to click on the lock on the bottom left side to simply make the changes.
- Click on the enter or select the unlock button when you enter your user password.
- After this, you need to deselect the “enable location services” checkbox.
- Then, you are required to select the lock icon to simply save the changes.
Why Should You Put Your MacBook In Airplane Mode?
There are lots of reasons why airplane mode is required. If a person is in an area with no call service then they are required to use airplane mode so that their device doesn’t continue to search for the signal and run down the battery.
The more serious reason will be if a person is flying and in such cases, they are required to use airplane mode so that the device doesn’t interfere with the plane’s navigation equipment. Airplane mode is mainly required at the time of takeoff and landing on the radio signals will interfere with the radio system,m.
Laptops and other devices which will transmit or get radio signals at multiple frequencies will potentially interfere with the radio. So, it is really important to turn off these devices at the time of take-off and landing. The other services and device switches transmit the data wirelessly and will use the radio signals so that they will get turned off as well.
Do You Need to Put Your MacBook In Airplane Mode?
Airplane mode is mainly created due to the radio signals and all these services will transmit at several frequencies. Both the towers on the ground and the radio system of the aircraft will get affected by the signals.
This radio interference will also divert the pilot or also keep them from getting vital information. Also, the aviation safety reporting system mainly reported a few occurrences where the passenger device resulted in radio static interference and also the compass system failure as well. It is enough reason for you to simply put your device into airplane mode.
Airplane mode on the call phone will disable the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS, and also all of which are available on a MacBook except the GPS. It is also the GSM/3G radio which is the major cause of any of conceivable interference.
Also, its signals are so stronger as compared to those which are transmitted by the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios and also picked up by the GPS and the MacBook will lack that merely.
By considering all the things, you are not able to disable Wi-Fi mode on the MacBook other than manually turning off the Bluetooth and WiFi.
It also has the same result as simply activating the airplane mode on your iPhone but it will take a longer time.
We will be able to do this in an easy manner in the future if Apple decides to include the feature to enable airplane mode in their subsequent laptop models. So if you still have any queries or feedback regarding this guide on “How to Turn on Airplane Mode on Macbook” then drop them in the comment section below.