How to Downgrade An App on iPhone – iOS users may already know about the frequent app updates and the updates are really good as they provide UI overhauls, new features, and also bug fixes as well. Sometimes, the updates may come up with new bugs in your system and you may find out that a feature that was previously working in a proper manner, is not working properly after the latest update.
In such situations, you may need to get back to the previous version. There is no downgrade button available in the official app store and in this article, we are going to explore some of the best methods to simply downgrade to the previous version of the iOS app on your iOS device.
How to Downgrade An App on iPhone?
You need to note that before you proceed with the workaround, you have to open the settings of your iOS device and then click on the iTunes and app store. Under the automatic downloads section, you have to ensure that the update toggle is turned off. The downgraded app will automatically get updated to the latest version.
Downgrade iOS Apps On iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
In terms of the downloading of an iOS app, you are required to retrieve the IPA file of the previous version which you have downloaded previously with the help of the Apple ID. When you get the IPA file then you need to follow the steps that we are going to tell you in this article.
Retrieve the Old IPA File
If you have previously synced your iOS device with iTunes then it may be possible that the previous version of the app is available on your device. During the iTuned sync, a copy of the installed iOS apps gets saved in /users/<username>/music/iTunes/iTunesMedia/MobileApplications location on your mac and C:\Users\<Username>\Music\iTuned\iTunedMedia\MobileApplications locations on the windows by default as the .IPA files.
If you have synced your iOS device after the updation of the particular app then the IPA file on your computer device may get updated. In such cases, you may find the old IPA file in the Trach (Mac) or Recycle Bin (Windows).
You need to know that the IPA files which were collected from the external sources may not work on your iOS device as they may not be associated with the Apple ID.
Install OLD IPA File Using iTunes
If you are willing to install the OLD IPA file on your device with the help of iTunes then you need to simply read and follow the steps that we are going to share below.
- First of all, you have to open the iTunes app and then enter the apps >> My apps. Now, all your purchased and synced apps will be shown here.
- If the app which you are trying to install is available in the list then make right-click on the app icon and select get info and verify the version number. If the version number gets matched with the one which you are trying to install then you need to proceed to step 8 or otherwise simply proceed to step 5 and if the app is not available when he likes it then you need to simply proceed to the next step.
- If the app which you are trying to install is not available in the list then you need to ensure that the app is installed on your iOS device.
- Also, if not then simply get the latest version of the app from the app store.
- Now, you have to connect your iOS device with the computer and then sync with the iTuned and the app will be available in the iTuned app list.
- Make a right-click on the app icon in iTuned and then select show in finder/windows explorer.
- If the version of the app that appears in iTunes doesn’t get matched with the particular version then make right-click on the app icon on iTunes and select Show in Finder/Windows Explorer.
- When the folder gets open then you need to delete the existing IPA file on the app from the location and from the Trash as well.
- Now, simply get back to the apple tab in iTunes and make right-click on the particular app, and then select show in finder/explorer.
- This time, iTunes will prompt you to simply locate the IPA file where you have to locate and browse the old IPA file which you retrieved earlier.
- Simply connect your iOS device with the computer by using the USB cable.
- You have to select your device in the iTuned and then go to the Apps section of the selected iOS device.
- If the app is installed already then you will see a remove button that appears next to the app in iTunes. You have to make click on the remove button and then make click on the apply button.
- Now, you will see the install button which appears next to the particular app.
- Make a click on the install button next to the app in the list and then make a click on the app and then simply let the sync complete.
Install Old IPA Using iFunBox
If the above-given steps are confusing while learning “How to Downgrade An App on iPhone” for you then an easy method to install the app from the IPA file is to simply use the iFunBox. You don’t need to jailbreak your iDevice for it as well.
- First of all, you have to download and install iFunBox on your Mac or PC device.
- Now, simply connect your iOS device with the computer by using a USB cable, and then you need to wait for iFunBox to detect it.
- You have to make click on the install app button in iFunBox and then you need to select the IPA file from your computer device.
You need to know that you won’t be able to install the old version of the particular app which you have not purchased from the app store. In simple words, the old version of the app you can downgrade to is the version that you first bought from the app store.
More Useful Guides:
- Sorry, No Manipulations with Clipboard Allowed
- BRCM-LVG Time Warner
- Why My iPhone Won’t Send Pictures
- My iPhone Not Charging
So, finally, you understand the complete process of How to Downgrade An App on iPhone. If this article is helpful for you then do share this article with other people so that they can also take benefit from this article.
Also, if you are having any issues or queries related to this article then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping a comment in the below-given comment section.