Apple Carplay Honda Accord: Honda Accord mainly supports the apple carplay which simply allows the users to access the iPhone apps such as iTunes, Google Maps, and Spotify by the touch screen of their car.
You can also be able to make phone calls, send messages and also be able to use the navigation with voice commands with the help of Siri.
How to Connect Apple CarPlay Honda Accord?
Enable CarPlay and Siri On iPhone
You are required to have iPhone 5 or the latest device along with the iOs 7.1 or new version to use the Apple Carplay honda accord. Before you start, you need to ensure that the carplay and Siri are enabled on your iOS device and ensure that the press home for Siri option is also enabled in the Siri 6 search in the settings app.
If you are not able to see carplay or Siri and search under the settings of iPhone and then you need to go to the settings > screen time > content and privacy restrictions > allowed apps and then you need to be sure that both of the carplay and Siri and search are enabled.
Set Up Wireless on Apple Carplay Honda Accord
- First of all, on your vehicle, you need to touch the home icon on the vehicle infotainment system.
- Now, you have to select the smartphone connection tile.
- Simply touch the connect new device option.
- Then, you have to go to the settings and then Bluetooth on your iPhone device.
- You have to select the vehicle name into the Bluetooth setting list of your iPhone.
- Simply select the pair when the Bluetooth pairing request pop-up message appears on your phone.
- When you use the apple car play for the very first time then a consent screen will appear before enabling it and you have to click on the yes button to continue.
- An apple carplay icon will appear on the homescreen of your device and the touch icon to simply launch the carplay.
Use CarPlay on Honda Accord via USB
- You have to connect your Apple iPhone to your honda accord USB port with the help of the apple approved lightning USB cable.
- Simply touch the enable or always enable the option on the prompt and this prompt will not appear again if you select the always enable option.
- You have to touch the allow option on your iPhone when prompted and it simply allows the users to use the carplay with the accord when the phone is locked.
- Apple carplay icon will appear on the home screen of your device which you have to touch to launch it.
In terms of returning to the display audio home screen, you have to touch the home icon. Also, if you are not sure which USB port supports the carplay on your accord variant then you have to consult with your vehicle owner’s manual or you can also try to plug in the cable one by one in all the available USB ports in the dashboard and center console.
CarPlay Not Working On Honda Accord
If the apple carplay doesn’t start on your accord at the time of plugging in the USB cable and there is no carplay icon available in the list of the apps in the infotainment system then it may happen due to several reasons.
- CarPlay is mainly disabled in the infotainment system setting of the accord.
- CarPlay is disabled on your iPhone and you have to go to the settings > screen time > content and privacy restrictions > allowed apps and enable both carplay and Siri.
- The lightning to USB cable which you are using is defective and you have to try a different cable or the original apple cable.
- The connected USB port of your accord may not support carplay and you need to try the other USB ports.
- A software glitch is also responsible for the carplay problem and you need to reset the accord’s infotainment system for the factory settings.
- Maybe, you are having the older model of the accord which doesn’t support the apple carplay and only 2016 and later model year honda accord cars are compatible with carplay.
Using Siri on Honda Accord via Apple CarPlay
Siri uses Apple’s voice recognition feature which simply helps the users to concentrate on the road at the time of driving as you can be able to control the functions of the iPhone along with the voice commands. The virtual assistance allows the users to place phone calls, listen to and send text messages and play music on their iPhones. Also, it allows you to get directions and use other functions of the iPhone hands free. You can also be able to ask Siri for the current weather conditions, stock prices, or the upcoming events on your calendar.
In terms of access to Siri, you have to press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel of your accord until you hear the Siri tone. You can also be able to access Siri by simply holding down the home button which appears at the bottom left side of the carplay app. If the listen for hey Siri function is enabled on the iPhone device under the Siri and search settings then you can simply say “Hey Siri”. After hearing the audible alert, you can simply start asking Siri for assistance.
Which Accord Models Support CarPlay?
The 2016 and later model year Honda accord vehicles are mainly compatible with the apple carplay and wireless carplay is mainly available in 2021 and the later models.
- Accord (2016 – Current)
- Civic (2016 – Current)
- Clarity Fuel Cell (2019 – Current)
- CR-V (2017 – Current)
- Fit (2018 – 2020)
- HR-V (2019 – Current)
- Insight (2019 – Current)
- Odyssey (2018 – Current)
- Passport (2019 – Current)
- Pilot (2017 – Current)
- Ridgeline (2017 – Current)
Using Google Maps on Honda Accord With CarPlay
If your iPhone is having iOS 14+ operating system then youtube can freely be able to use Google Maps in apple carplay on your accord. Also, Apple allows the users to use google maps on the home screen and apple allows the competitor’s map service in its car app since iOS 12 but the home screen which is newly introduced in iO 13 in the year 2019 may not be equipped with maps. The users were still limited to apple’s own map service with the iOs 14 which changed. Now, the carplay will automatically select the last service used for the view.
Using Waze Navigation On Honda Accord With CarPlay?
You will be able to use the Waze navigation app in CarPlay if you are having iOS 12 or above OS which was installed on your iPhone. Simply download and install the Waze app from the app store on your iPhone and then you have to start carplay on your accord’s infotainment system screen. Then, you need to touch the Waze icon to simply launch the app.
Using Spotify On Accord
You can use spotify to simply stream the music on your accord. Simply install the Spotify iOS 15 App from the app store and its icon will simply appear on the infotainment display when the carplay is active. You can also be able to use the commands to simply play the music hands free on spotify with Siri. You have to add on Spotify at the end so that Siri gets to know which service you are referring to, like Hey Siri, play my “your mix of the week” playlist on Spotify.
Siri can simply play songs, artists, albums, playlists., podcasts, and much more. Also, you can like music, ask what’s playing, and also control payback like volume, skip songs, play or pause.
Do Not Disturb While Driving
At the time of driving, you need to keep your eyes on the road. A quick look at the navigation device allows you to not miss the next junction. They do not disturb while driving function can be activated so that your device doesn’t distract you with useless notifications at the time of driving accord. iOS 13 extends this option to carplay and on your iPhone, you need to go to the settings > do not disturb and then simply scroll down and simply touch activate which appears under the do not disturb while driving option.
Not All Apps Are Compatible With CarPlay
If you think that you will be able to use all the iPhone apps in accord with the carplay then you are absolutely wrong. The selection of compatible apps is mainly limited and you need to live with the restrictions mainly with the messenger apps. iMessage and Whatsapp can easily get controlled by Siri and it means that you can’t be able to see your message history but only get the new message read out to you or dictate messages yourself.
The particular apps can easily get used with CarPlay on your accord and music, phone, news, podcasts, Sygic, tomtomGo, Whatsapp, calendar, settings, telegram, Waze, Spotify, TuneIn, tridal, pandora, youtube music and also the amazon music as well.
Sort Apps In CarPlay
You can also be able to sort the apps in your acord in a quick and easy manner by your iPhone. For this, you have to go to the settings > general > carplay and then you have to select your vehicle under my cars section. Now, on the next screen, you can simply be able to rearrange the app icons by simply touching and dragging them and you can also be able to hide the icons by simply touching the minus button.
So, we hope that it will be clear to you how to connect apple carplay on honda accord. If this article is helpful for you and helps you to know about apple carplay honda accord easily then do share this article with other people so that they also get benefited with this article. Also, if you are having any issues or queries about this process then feel free to connect with us by simply dropping a comment in the below-given comment section.