iPad Incorrect WiFi Password – There are lots of users of iPhone and iPad who will experience some of the strange issues at the time of attempting to connect with a familiar network where they will see an “Incorrect password” issue and their iPhone or iPad will refuse to get connected with that particular wireless network.
Also, users will get this iPad incorrect wifi password error even after entering the correct wifi password. You know that there is so much on the internet. It is really frustrating at the time when any of the iOS devices doesn’t get connected with the Wi-Fi and also in return, it will show an “incorrect password” message on the display.
iPad Incorrect WiFi Password Fixing Guide
So, today here in this guide, we are going to talk about some of the best fixes of “incorrect password for network” error messages on the iPhone or also on the iPad at the time of trying to join a Wi-Fi network.
Reasons to Get “Incorrect Password” Error on iPhone
Before we start talking about the solution to the iPad incorrect wifi password error issue, we need to have a look at the reasons due to which this iPad wifi invalid password issue takes place.
- You need to ensure that you know the exact password of your Wi-Fi network.
- Also, you need to make sure that you are connecting with a Wi-Fi network, and also they are having similar names as the nearby access Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that you are typing the correct password or the WiFi and as the Wi-Fi case is sensitive and make sure to type the exact match of the password.
- You need to ensure that the CAPS LOCK or the other language keyboard is not enabled at the typing of the Wi-Fi Password.
Maybe you think that the above suggestions are useless but there are lots of people who enter the password incorrectly or have CAPS LOCK on at the typing of the password or also they misplace the password sequence as well.
For this, if your Wi-Fi password is iPhonehunt123 then you have to type it exactly the same along with the capitalization otherwise you will get the incorrect password issue.
Also, it is not uncommon for people who will try to connect with the wrong Wi-Fi network. Also, to ensure that you are not entering a correct password but on the wrong point.
Suppose that you are having the correct password of Wi-fi and using the correct network and if you are still getting the incorrect password issue then you have to follow the steps and methods which we are sharing below to get rid of this iPad that keeps dropping wifi incorrect password error.
Fix “Incorrect Password” Wi-Fi Error On iPhone and iPad
Here we are going to share some of the best methods to fix the incorrect password error at the time of attempting to connect with a wireless network in iOS. If you are having the same issue then your iPhone says the password is incorrect.
If you are facing the same issue then here in this article we are going to tell you some of the best methods which will be helpful for you to get rid of this problem. Also, these methods are highly proven and definitely help you to fix this issue in a quick manner.
Solution 1: Reboot the iPhone or iPad
In several cases, you can be able to get rid of this error by simply restarting the iPhone or iPad which also includes the inability to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It is one of the easy processes to restart an iPad or iPhone. You only need to turn off your iPhone or iPad then again need to turn it back on.
- You have to press and hold the power button until you will see the slide to power off option on the display.
- Now, you have to simply drag the slider to power off the iPhone or the iPad.
- When your device gets turned off successfully then you need to turn it back on again by simply holding the power button for a couple of seconds.
When your iPhone or iPad gets started again then you again need to try to connect with the Wi-Fi network.
Solution 2: Forget the Wi-Fi Network, the Re-Join
Most of the time, when you forget a wi-fi network and then rejoin the Wi-fi network you are able to fix incorrect password issues on your iPhone and also the iPad. Check out the process which we are sharing below:
- First of all, you have to open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and then you need to enter into the Wi-Fi.
- Now, make a click on the info button which is available just next to the network name of the router which you are willing to join.
- Then, make a click on the “Forget This Network”.
- After this, you have to confirm that you are willing to forget the network by clicking “Forget”.
- Finally, you have to wait for some seconds and then you have to re-join the same wi-fi network again and then you need to type to correct the password again.
Solution 3: Reset iOS Network Settings On The iPhone or iPad
After resetting the iOS Network settings will clear all the Wi-Fi and also the network preferences and also the settings of the device. You need to make sure that all the Wi-Fi passwords and also the custom settings and also the configurations and some of the other network data will get lost. Below is the complete process:
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app on the iPhone and iPad and then you need to enter into the general option and then click on the Reset button.
- Now, make a click on the Reset Network Settings.
- Then, you have to simply confirm that you are willing to reset your network settings.
- Finally, you have to re-join the wifi with the help of the correct password.
Follow Below Video Guide:
Also, you need to know that reconfiguration of several iOS networking components will again reset your network settings. For this, if you are using the customer DNS on iPhone or iPad or the manual DHCP configuration or use any VPN or proxy or if you are having several remembered networks with the password then you are required to enter the data by yourself after resetting the settings of your network.
Solution 4: Restart the Wi-Fi Router or Modem
It is really easy and simple to restart your router or your modem. You only need to unplug your wi-fi router or your modem and then you have to wait for 30 seconds and after that, you need to plug the router again into the power socket. In some cases, it’s not possible to restart a modem mainly in offices or in public places. So, you can only do this thing at your home or in small offices.
Solution 5: Have Someone Else Share the Wi-Fi Password With You
By using the latest iOS version, anyone can be able to share a wi-fi password with another iPhone or iPad easily.
If you are in a situation where an iPhone or the iPad user gets the “incorrect password” error message at the time when they are trying to connect with another network and your device is using the latest iOS version then you can simply be able to use the share Wi-Fi password feature in your iOS device in the process to share your Wi-Fi password with other people and allow them to connect with the network without entering the password again.
Also, this is one of the easy and simple processes, and if anyone types the password in CAPS LOCK by using the alternative keyboard and also in some of the same cases where some of the user errors can get solved easily.
Bonus “Incorrect Password for Network” Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Options
If the above-given methods are not helpful for you and didn’t help you to get rid of iPad incorrect wifi password then it’s really good but if you are still facing trouble while connecting with the Wi-Fi network then you can simply follow the steps which we are sharing below:
- First of all, you have to join a different Wi-Fi network to ensure that the Wi-Fi is working on the iPhone or iPad in a normal manner.
- Also, if the iPhone or iPad doesn’t join any of the wi-fi networks then it may be due to some hardware issue. It is not common but will be possible and in that case, you have to connect with Apple support to find out the issues of hardware.
- Also, taking back up or resetting or also restoring an iOS device from the backup will also be helpful for the users to get rid of this error.
You need to keep one thing in mind that the wi-fi network is hidden and you are required to type the Wi-Fi SSID manually in order to join the hidden wi-fi network in your iOS devices.
You May Also Like it: Best City Building Games for iPad
So, we hope that these troubleshooting methods will be helpful for you to fix iPad incorrect wifi password issues in your iOS devices like on iPhone or iPad.
If these methods are helpful for you and help you to connect with the Wi-Fi network without facing any trouble then do share this article with other people so that they also take the advantage of this article.
Also, if you have any issues or queries related to this article then feel free to connect with us by dropping your valuable comment in the below-given comment section and we assure you to revert you back along with some of the better solutions.